Japanese animated shows have continued to grow in popularity all across the world. It has a rather distinct art style that has made it a brand of its own. However, Japanese animation was not always so recognizable, despite working on some smash hits. One of them being the TV series Thundercats, which was popular in the 1980s. In 2017, Blueprint decided to capitalise on that popularity and nostalgia to create an online slot that knocked our socks off!
Similar to Pegasus Rising, the game is designed to be played in portrait mode on phones. The reels are at the very bottom of the screen, and are miniscule compared to the character above them. What character is visible is chosen randomly, and can be changed. This gives you fantastic visual variety without requiring too much work. We also like how even the Spin button is changed to the portrait of the currently selected hero. That is just the tip of the iceberg, too. The artists have gone out of their way to create a very pretty release. Make sure to enjoy every aspect of it!
Thundercats Slot Features
- RTP: 95,50%
- Betting Range: £0.40 – £500.00
- Max Win: £250,000.00
- Similar Slots: Book of Dead, Diamond Mine Extra Gold Megaways, Pegasus Rising
How to Win
Thundercats is played on a five-reel board with thirty fixed paylines. Wins are awarded by collecting three or more identical symbols next to one another, starting with the leftmost reel. As long as all winning combinations met these requirements and followed an active payline, you would receive a prize. The control panel is flavourful and easy to use. You can set up Auto Play, spin the reels, change your total bet and open the paytable. You can wager anywhere between £0.40 and £500.00 on each spin.
Icon designs are a mixture of playing card royals and symbols with unique artwork. The letters and numbers are the bright and flashy as always. However, they were given a more sci-fi look to help them fit with the theme. Other icons will be immediately recognizable to fans of the original series. The slot goes a long way to recreate them as best as it can. The Wild is our favourite, as it depicts the currently active hero. When that changes, so does the Wild! The game’s logo is also the Scatter, which is used to activate a variety of special features.
Bonus Rounds in Thundercats
On any spin, there is a chance Thunder Reels can be activated. When this happens, the reels can expand to be eight rows high, up from the standard four.
If a special icon lands on the fifth reel, it activates a bonus wheel. The wheel randomly decides one of five characters. Players can choose to activate that character or re-spin the wheel to try to get another one.
- Lion-O: When the Sword of Omens lands on reel three, it will expand and trigger random Wilds.
- Tygra: Any Wilds which land in view will pay accordingly, and then be transformed into a stacked mystery symbol.
- Cheetara: A special Cheetara Wild on the first reel will trigger a mystery streak. Any new Wilds that land in view will expand the reels.
- Panthro: Panthro Reels are active, and on any spin reels can link with symbols to produce super stacked icons. Reels can randomly expand during this bonus.
- Wily Cat: Two stacked Wilds can be triggered on any spin. Any resulting wins will then be doubled.
Snarf can appear on the board for all five characters. He will either turn a loss into a win, or improve an active player modifier. He can also increase the number of Scatters, improving your chances of triggering a special feature.
Scatters in Thundercats
Collect three or more Scatters to win one of five free spins bonuses.
- Ultimate Thunder: Five win spins during which stacked Wild reels are active. Stacked Wilds appear on reels one, three and five, with all eight rows active during this free spins round.
- Mumm-Ra: Ten free spins are awarded. All Wilds are collected into the Mumm-ra bank. On the final spin, all collected Wilds are placed back on the reels.
- Slithe: Ten free spins are played with sticky Wilds active. Five additional free spins can be won if a whole stack of sticky Wilds appears on any reel.
- Monkian: You play through ten free spins with Monkian zones active. These zones fall from the top of the screen, and transform into Wilds. You can win up to five extra free spins.
- Jackalman: During these ten free spins, mad Jackal multipliers are active. Every Wild in view increases the multiplier, up to 10x. Up to five extra free spins can be won during this bonus.
The Verdict of Thundercats Slot
You can tell a lot of effort went into making this Blueprint release. It is clear the developers loved this show, because they gave it the royal treatment! Numerous special features, fun gameplay, and a good RTP all contribute to making Thundercats enjoyable for online slot sites. Labslots wholeheartedly recommend checking it out!