Nothing good ever came from Mars. When was the last time we saw that planet in a movie or TV show that it did not bring us some kind of trouble? Nowhere is this more apparent than in Mars Attacks! This is a 1996 movie that quickly became a smash hit. Enough to warrant a slot made by Blueprint, which launched in 2018. Now, you are charged with defending Earth’s defence as flying saucers fly across our skies. Do you have what it takes to beat back the enemy in this online slot game?
Graphics are top notch, though we have come to expect that from this developer. It is easy to see why we have such high expectations if you look at this game. The White House has been recreated masterfully. The colourful sky contrasts it beautifully, and creates a memorable view all by itself. However, the artists take it a step further, and add alien spaceships into the mix! You see them zooming across the starry, alien sky, a grim reminder the enemy is still at the gates. We really love how the entirety of the visuals were handled.
Mars Attacks! Slot Features
- RTP: 96,44%
- Betting Range:£0.10 – £200.00
- Max Win: £250,000.00
- Similar Slots: Dynamite Riches, Gods of Gold Infinireels, Starmada Exiles
How to Win in the Online Slot Mars Attacks!
You play this release on a five-reel board with twenty fixed paylines. Wins are formed by collecting three or more matching symbols next to one another, starting with the leftmost reel. Winning combinations must follow an active payline in order for the player to receive their cash prize. The developers use the same control panel they do in their other slots. Mars Attacks! customises it oh so slightly to better mesh with the theme. You can spin the reels, set up Auto Play, open the paytable and adjust your total bet. You can wager between £0.10 and £200.00 on each spin.
Icon designs are where references to the movie really become obvious. Eyeballs, aliens on TV, lasers and a close-up of the disgusting Brainiac Martians are all call backs to the 1996 flick. In contrast, we have playing card royals. We would not mind them as much if the developers did something to help them fit with the theme, but they did not. The game’s logo appears as a super stacked symbol, while a human skeleton serves as a Wild. A separate alien icon serves as a Scatter.
While spinning the reels, players can activate one of five modifiers randomly.
- Radiation Blaster: Places Wilds on the playing field in random positions
- Mega Shrink Ray: Five icons will appear in each reel, with wins paying for any consecutive symbol that appears left to right, regardless of position
- Abduction Beam: Existing icons are removed from the board. Brand new symbols fall down to take their place and potentially form wins
- Expansion Cannon: A mystery icon appears on the playing field, and begins to spread to nearby positions. Eventually, all mystery symbols in view will transform into one randomly selected icon
- Sub-Zero Lazer: Winning symbols are frozen in place while re-spins are played. Re-spins continue until the winning combination is no longer expanded
Collect three or more Scatters to activate one of five special features. Land four Scatters at once, and Spy Hunter is removed from the list of eligible bonuses. Get five Scatters at the same time, and you automatically trigger Final Stand, which is the highest paying special feature.
- Spy Hunter: Pick suspects from the board to reveal Martians and Humans. Martians award a cash multiplier, and the Martian Ambassador awards a large money boost and ends the bonus. Otherwise, the special feature ends when you collect three humans.
- We Come in Peace: Pick from containers visible on the screen. They fill banks on the side of the screen, which award bonus winnings when they are filled. On top of that, you will either get a multiplier or a big money win. Find an upgrade arrow in the containers to improve all cash multipliers on the screen.
- D.N.A. Analysis: You play five free spins with expanding D.N.A Wilds active. Any position covered by a D.N.A Wild is considered a Wild icon for that spin. D.N.A. Wilds expand by one symbol height every spin.
- Martian Takeover: Ten free spins are played with Roaming Wilds active. Each spin has a chance to bring a roaming Wild on any reel, which fills the entire reel. That Wild will then move one position to the left every spin.
- Final Stand: You get an unlimited number of free spins. Special advance symbols can appear on reel two for humans and on reel four for Martians. Both sides have progress bars. Filling the human bar awards multipliers, while filling the Martian bar removes certain symbols. Whichever bar is filled first ends the special feature. If humans win the bonus, you get a large cash prize on top of your existing winnings.
Mars Attacks!: The Verdict
We could go on and on about what makes Mars Attacks! so great. However, we from Labslots believe the praise is self-evident throughout this entire review! Great graphics and fun gameplay guarantee you will enjoy your time playing this release on UK slot sites.