Licensed slots usually receive a relatively positive reception in our community. We like seeing throwbacks to other entertainment, and new players usually like to play something familiar. As such, it did not surprise us to hear Microgaming launched a game based on the movie Bridesmaids in 2015. With plentiful references to the original and several special features, this release looked set to win the hearts of many.
While there are plenty of things to like about this slot, visuals are not one of them. The background image is a plain pink background with small circles forming a pattern. It looks decent, but it really cannot compete with other licensed titles the developers created. Animations are also somewhat absent unless you score a big win. Both of these issues are addressed when special features are played, though not by much. Backgrounds still feel too plain, and animations are usually reserved for transitions between different bonuses. Now let’s delve deeper into this new Labslots review.
Bridesmaids Slot Features
- RTP: 96,71%
- Betting Range: £0.40 – £60.00
- Max Win: £105,000.00
- Similar Slots: Midnight Wilds, Game of Thrones, Narcos
How it Works
This game is played on a five-reel board with 40 paylines. You cannot turn individual paylines on or off in Bridesmaids, which we are fine with. Wins are formed by collecting three or more identical symbols next to one another, starting with the leftmost reel. All winning combinations must follow one of the currently active paylines in order to award a prize. The control panel is the same one we have seen Microgaming use in other releases. Beneath the reels, you can see your money, set your wager, set up Autoplay and spin the reels. Above the reels, you can turn sound on or off and open a help menu. You can wager between £0.40 and £60.00 on every spin.
Icon designs are a mixture of playing card suits and characters from the movie. Becca, Rita, Megan, Helen, Annie and Lillian all make an appearance on the board! Depending on whether a bonus or regular gameplay is being played, different symbol designs are used. Each of the characters has three versions, which we really like! While we would like to say the playing card suits compliment these icons, they really do not. We would have been fine with one less version of each bridesmaid in favour of giving us unique symbols.
Bridesmaids Bonus Rounds
Collect three or more Scatters to unlock a spin on the bonus wheel! Before you spin the wheel, pick between one of four cupcakes. The cupcake can increase pink, blue or both colour cash prizes that the wheel can award. It can also create two extra wheel pointers, allowing you to score multiple bonuses at once! The wheel itself contains cash prizes and four special features:
- Friendship Free Spins: Ten free spins are played. During this bonus, wins pay both ways, rather than just left to right. Annie, Lillian and Helen appear stacked on reels one and two, three and four and five, respectively. Furthermore, Lillian turns Wild for Annie and Helen symbols. This free spins round can be retriggered.
- Flying High Free Spins: Ten free spins are granted to the punter. During this bonus, both Rolling Reels and Growing Wilds are active. Growing Wild stacks increase by one Wild every spin, to a maximum of thirteen stacks. With Rolling Reels, you can score multiple consecutive wins in a single turn!
- Boutique Bonus: Match the bridesmaids to win cash prizes and multipliers! Matching Lillian ends the special feature, so you want to find her last! Two of the Bridesmaids hide multipliers, while the others award cash prizes.
- Magic Moments Bonus: Pick up to ten Magic Moments by clicking through various pictures. Each picture grants awards a cash prize when selected.
On top of being incredibly useful to substitute other icons, Wilds also appear stacked during both the base game and free spins.
The Verdict of Bridesmaids
If graphics are not a big deal for you, then Bridesmaids is easy to recommend. It offers several special features to keep you entertained, and it comes with a medium variance. The jackpot may not be as high as we would like it to be, but it is far from a dealbreaker. Visually, the release feels like it lags behind older titles. The reason for this seems to be the decision to have multiple symbol designs of the six bridesmaids. This prevented the developers from creating animations for all of them! The same issue seems to have occurred with background images, where having several prevented Microgaming from giving it their all. Check out our list of slot sites to see where you can try it out!